The Jensen Hus Design Build Process
Most of our clients have never been through a major construction or remodeling project and have no idea what to expect when they embark on their own adventure. Although every project is uniquely different, the process from design to completion is very similar.
Here is an outline of the steps involved in a typical kitchen remodel.
- The Screen- Our initial phone screening will determine if Jensen Hus will be a good fit to complete your kitchen project. We are not the best kitchen remodeling company for everyone and we realize this and during this initial phone call we will do our best to qualify you to save us both from wasted time and effort.
- The Consult- This will be our initial site visit to your home where we will meet with all decision makers and review the areas of renovation. This visit typically lasts between 30-60 min and should be a formal meeting without distractions. During the initial consult, we will further evaluate our compatibility for your project and determine the initial “baseline” scope of work that we will be assuming, in order to create our preliminary budget range.
- Design & Scope Development proposal– This meeting will take place 1-2 weeks after our initial consult at either our office or back at the client’s home. Here we will propose our baseline scope of work as well as our estimated “budget range” for the work. This proposal includes a notice of intent to enter into a design agreement for the completion of the design, the detailed scope of work and the budget outline for the project. This does not include any contracts or agreements for the construction work itself, as that will follow after the design and scope development work is completed.
- Contract, permit and selections- After the design and scope development process is completed, the client has the option to transition into the construction phase of the project. This will begin with a contract and then move into design selections and project permitting and planning. Here the clients will begin the process of making the various selections for their project that will make it unique and personal for them, including cabinetry, countertops, appliances etc.
- Scheduling and start- Now the project will be scheduled with our production team and we will go about the final permitting phase and be put on the schedule for start. Once the project starts, the Jensen Hus team will begin it’s mobilization of the job and begin the actual construction process.
- Construction- This phase is where the actual work will take place and your new kitchen will take shape. Using our proprietary project management software you will interface with your project in a way that gives you clarity and detail during the entire process.
- Completion- As the Jensen Hus team moves toward the finish line of your project, you will see the payoff of months of hard work and detailed preparation. One of our greatest assets is our commitment to quality, warranty and service after the project. We are always available to handle any item large or small that may pop up at the completion of your project and throughout the warranty period.